Monday, October 27, 2008

BASICS Prayer Meeting @LaGuardia 10/21/08
"And He was saying to them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."

“Prayer is never an acceptable substitute for obedience.  The sovereign Lord accepts no offering from His creatures that is not accompanied by obedience.  To pray for revival while ignoring or actually flouting the plain precept laid down in the Scriptures is to waste a lot of words and get nothing for our trouble.”
Of God and Men, 52. A.W. Tozer
“When I am praying the most eloquently, I am getting the least accomplished in my prayer life.  But when I stop getting eloquent and give God less theology and shut up and just gaze upward and wait for God to speak to my heart He speaks with such power that I have to grab a pencil and a notebook and take notes on what God is saying to my heart.”
Success and the Christian, 46-47 A.W. Tozer

No comments: