Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back to LaGuardia College.

4/16/09

After a week. classes were back in session for the students at LaGuardia College. I packed my bible, tracts and headed to LaGuardia. I arrived around 1:30pm and like always I read His word and pray. As I began to go witness, the Holy Spirit was leading me to open air. Since I've been on the campus, I've stuck to one to ones, and God has given me so many opportunities. But today I found myself outside in what is called Cobblestone Area It's a popular hang out and gathering spot for students and visitors to LaGuardia.
I took out my bible and open to Romans 5. My message was going to be from Versus 6-8. With my bible open, I looked at all the souls that were there, and fear came upon me, that I was trembling so much my knees were knocking. I called up two dear brothers and asked them for prayer.
After I got off the phone, I looked at the time and, it was 3pm. It took my about 1 hour and I by Gods Grace, I broke silence.

I began introducing myself to the students, and then reminded them of Resurrection Sunday, and why we celebrate it. I then proceeded to mention how last week, someone asked how can you love someone who don't love you, and even though you always do things for them and yet they show no gratitude. With that I began to read Romans 5:6-8

As I read, I was mocked by a group of students, which only cause me to have more compassion as I spoke. I don't know how long I preached, but the outcome is too wonderful to not share As I was spoke about Gods love, I young man, named David, raised his hands, thinking he might just want to heckle me, I continue to preach, but this young man, got up, and with his hands still raised walk next to me.

It was about this time I was interrupted by another young man, Zach who is a Muslim, who said I and wondered if I come on Tuesdays, I reminded him that it was only Thursdays. Zach and I have had a few conversations regarding the bible and the Quran. I asked him a about 3 weeks ago, for him and his friends to bring the Quran, in which i was going to show them from there own book where Islam plunders. I did get his email, so i will present him Truth VIA email. The last time, I saw him, I gave him " God Loves you my Muslim Friend"
by Samy Tanagho . Zach, was really thankful that I would give him that book. I do pray that he reads it.

As Zach went off, David still stood, waiting to talk to me. David is 19rs old, who claimed to be an agnostic. He told me how he grew up in the Catholicism, but as he grew older, wonder if he really believed in the Catholic belief, which lead him to become an atheist. However, he then bagan to question his reason for becoming and athesit, and it did had up, there was too much evidence of a creator.

Romans 1:19-20
19For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.20For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

Davids, struggle was God is omniscient then why did he let evil come into the world. I tried my best to answer his question, and continue to speak truth to him. We talked and talked, and before we knew it it was almost 5:20, then he had to go home, however it just so happens we wer both headed on the same train...HOW AWESOME IS GOD!!!!!!

Before we departed ways, I had the oppurtunity to give him a gospel of John and Luke. I did get his email, and I will continue to invest in his life.

The bible says 1 John 4:18 "here is no fear in love, but
perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."
Psalm 81:10 "
I am the LORD your God,who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.

Let this encourage anyone, who is fearful when it comes to share their faith, either one to one or open air, trust on the Lord, if He be for you, who can be against you. Just take that first step of faith, and trust God with the rest. His love will drive away all fesr, His grace will see you through, and His Spirit will speak through you.

Philippians 2:13
f"or it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure."

Today, God displayed his mighty power, through someone who is weak. I give him all the Glory and Praise, for He is worthy!!!


Grace to you all
Nick

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow nick! Awesome testimony. You don't know how much that means to me. And how much it convicts me because i honestly having been witnessing as much as I should. Please pray for me. Life is empty with a fishless net.
-Contessa